Community Outreach Efforts
Here at Applied Behavioral Consulting, we feel that it is especially important for us to make our own special impact on the autism world. And how do we do this? Through engaging with the community and participating in events to help support and raise awareness for autism and related research! Each year, ABC makes it a priority to participate in special events that contribute and show our support for the autism community and their families. For each particular function, we ask community members for their help in raising funds for autism research in order to provide a company-wide donation. Community outreach is a big part of our company’s culture and it is definitely an area we would like to grow in. Ultimately, our goal is to become even more far-reaching and engaging in the communities we serve! The following are events we have participated in or plan to attend in the future:
Applied Behavioral Consulting (ABC) is Chicagoland's premier provider of in-home Applied Behavior Analysis programming for children with autism. 💙
2017 Walk The Walk for Autism
- On April 23rd, we participated in the 10th annual Walk the Walk for Autism event held at The Community House in Hinsdale, Illinois. The purpose of this event was to raise awareness and donations for Charlie’s Gift Center for Autism and Related Disorders, a program that The Community House sponsors. This particular program addresses the needs of children and families facing autism and other related disorders. We were honored to be a part of this event, as we helped raise awareness for autism and Charlie, the boy behind the charity.
2017 Autism Speaks Walk
- Earlier this year on May 13th, we attended and participated in the 2017 Autism Speaks Walk at Soldier Field in Downtown Chicago. The Autism Speaks Walk is the world’s largest autism fundraising event dedicated to improving the lives of people with autism. The event was “powered by love”, as many supporters gathered and worked together to help raise the necessary funding for autism research and support services. We were so glad to be a part of this special event!
2017 Ride for Autism Speaks
- On Sunday, September 17th, supporters & bikers joined us as we celebrated 15 years of the Chicago Ride for Autism Speaks. Starting at the Harley Davidson store in St. Charles, the Chicago Ride for Autism Speaks was a 75-mile scenic ride through the suburban countryside. The purpose of this event was to spread the word about the Ride for Autism Speaks & to raise donations & awareness for autism research.
2018 Autism Speaks Walk
- We were also a proud sponsor of the 2018 Autism Speaks Walk! Thank you all for your support!
2019 Walk The Walk for Autism
- On April 28, 2019, we participated in the 12th annual Walk the Walk for Autism event held at The Community House in Hinsdale, Illinois. We helped to raise $2,628.16 for The Counseling Center at The Community House. The Walk benefited the individuals and families who are impacted by Autism and also benefited those who were provided with Behavioral Health services and Creative Solutions to mental health concerns. We are so honored to have been a part of this wonderful event!